Header Ad

A/R: Agogo Still Battling With Fulani Menace – DCE

About 49 people have been killed with many acres of farm lands been destroyed by these fulani herdsmen.

August 10, 2018

The people of Agogo in the Ashanti Akyem North District of the Ashanti Region are still battling with activities of nomadic Fulani menace.

About 49 people have been killed with many acres of farm lands been destroyed by these fulani herdsmen.

Government in attempt to solve the problem formed police and military team to deal with the menace through a program dubbed “Operation Cow Leg”.

The District Chief Executive for Ashanti Akyem North, Francis Oti Boateng said about 95 percent of the fight is completed adding the remaining 5 percent are from other districts that cross boundary to their side to graze on peoples farm usually in the night.

He added his outfit is still restructuring themselves to come up with different strategy to fight them.

The DCE disclosed this when World Vision visited him during a tour in the District.

Francis Oti Boateng however congratulated World Vision for the numerous interventions projects they have undertaken in the District over the years.

He explained that the Assembly budgeted to drill a borehole for four Communities, but when they got there to survey, world Vision had already dug some for all the proposed four Communities.

According to him, each of the borehole could have cost GHC8,000 and this intervention by World Vision has save them GHC32, 000.00.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.