Nyantakyi’s Bank Account Under Investigation
It seems the woes of former Ghana Football Association(GFA) boss, Kwesi Nyantakyi keeps coming as the Financial Intelligence Centre (FIC) has asked all banks in Ghana as well as non-bank financial institutions, to furnish them with information on all accounts and financial transactions of former GFA President.
Mr. Kwaku Duah, Chief Executive Officer of the Centre, in a letter dated 11 June 2018, to the banks stated: “Pursuant to Section 28 of the Anti-Money Laundering Act, 2008 (Act 749), as amended, kindly furnish us with the following information on subjects and any other connected accounts:
The FIC, which was established to protect the economy and safeguard Ghana’s financial integrity, suspects Mr Nyantakyi may have engaged in money laundering in the wake of the undercover work done by ace investigative journalist Anas Aremeyaw Anas that uncovered rot within the GFA.
The financial institutions were asked to send soft copies of the requested documents below to the Chief Executive Officer of the Financial Intelligence Centre by Thursday, 14 June 2018.
1. Mandate and Account opening forms.
2. Business Registration Document.
3. Legible copy of photo identity.
4. Evidence of Know Your Customer (KYC) and Customer Due Diligence (CDD).
5. All transaction details (bank statement) from January 2014 to date.
6. Copies of all SWIFT Messages received for the same period (if any).
7. Copies of Verification of Beneficiary Owners form completed in respect of transfers.”