13-year-old Adam Toledo died after being shot by Chicago police on March 29. On Thursday, police released footage from their body cameras.
According to Adam Toledo The New York Times One of the youngest people to lose his life after being shot by police in Chicago, Illinois, for many years.
The 13-year-old was shot in the chest on March 29 this year, and died of his wounds.
On Thursday, the police released video recordings and photos from the camera of the body of the policeman who shot, in addition to recordings from the body of colleagues.
No family should feel that their child’s last-minute video has gone viral. Chicago Mayor Laurie Lightfoot said during a press conference afterward, they shouldn’t end up in a terrible situation to lose a child in the first place.
– Show me your hands
A video clip shows 13-year-old Toledo running in front of a police officer in a dark alley in Chicago. The time is around 03 local time.
The policeman shouts that he must stop “immediately”, while he curses and asks Toledo to drop his weapon.
– Your hands, show me yours. Released. Launch it, he continues, According to the New York Times.
Then the boy turns and raises his hands. Around the same moment, a little over a second later, you can hear a gunshot, and then it collapses.
In the video recordings, you can hear a policeman calling an ambulance and asking Toledo to stay awake.
War of words about the course of events
According to the police AP News Agency He explained that the boy must have carried a pistol before shooting. Pictures from the camera show the body of the policeman who fired a weapon lying on the ground next to the 13-year-old child.
– The young perpetrator was carrying a weapon in his right hand … he looked at the police officer, who could be interpreted as trying to look like a target. He began to operate the officer, and tried to point the weapon in his direction, as police officer Tim Grace’s attorney wrote in an email to The Associated Press.
He adds that the police officer considered the situation threatening his life.
– All previous attempts to calm the situation and to compel him to obey orders have been unsuccessful.
Attorney Adina Weiss-Ortiz, who represents the 13-year-old’s family, rejects the explanation. You think it doesn’t matter if a boy carries a weapon before he turns to the policeman.
– If he is in possession of a rifle, throw it. The officer said: Show me your hands. Follow the commands, turn around.
New police shooting sparks outrage in the US – resignation of a police officer and chief of police
Shocked by a long history of police violence
The release of the footage comes during the ongoing trial against police officer Derek Chauvin, Who was charged after the murder of George Floyd in Minneapolis on May 15 last year.
At the same time, another case in the same area sparked new protests: Dawn Wright died after being shot, in an incident that police described as an accident:
Thursday night, groups of protesters gathered outside the Chicago Police Station, and marched through the city carrying posters of the late Adam Toledo.
We live in a traumatized city with a long history of police violence and bad behavior. So, although we don’t have enough information to be the judge and jury in this particular situation, it is understandable that many of our citizens feel familiar feelings of anger and pain, says Mayor Lightfoot and adds:
– It is clear that the trust between our community and the police has not healed, and this perversion remains severely damaged.
“Organizer. Social media geek. General communicator. Bacon scholar. Proud pop culture trailblazer.”
“Lady of the Trunk”: – Solve the murder mystery after 53 years
Cheering for a breakthrough for endometriosis patients
Denmark’s potato anarchy is spreading around the world