This Sunday, October 31st, marks World Savings Day, and in this context, ActivTrades online brokerage has prepared five tips that can help manage the family budget to ensure savings.
1. Think in percentages: This thought can help to understand in which categories the largest share of the family budget is spent and whether this value aligns with each other’s expectations. This can be done through banking applications, through a personal formula or a specialized platform.
2. Be aware of direct debit: Reaching the end of the month with a lower than expected balance is a reality for many. This is often the result of unconscious expenses such as direct debt. To overcome this obstacle, it may be appropriate to note all expenses, even those incurred by direct debit.
3. Determine the monthly savings amount: The amount of the savings must be at least 10% of the monthly income. This must be taken into account in all transactions made during the month. To achieve this, it may be useful to make a list of what is really necessary to buy in the supermarket, for good water and energy management, and to rethink communications contracts.
4. Do not forget to send the readings of gas, water and electricity: As the old saying goes, “In saving is gain.” Therefore, to avoid unpaid estimates, results and payments, the secret is to submit the charges in a timely manner. To do this, you just need to check the dates when it should be reported on the invoice.
5. At the end of the week, think about your expenses: On Sunday it is easier to get a broader view of what the week was like in terms of expenses. In this reflection, it is necessary not to forget about the small daily expenses.
“Wannabe internet buff. Future teen idol. Hardcore zombie guru. Gamer. Avid creator. Entrepreneur. Bacon ninja.”