Continuing the process of improving iOS, an exercise that Apple has been doing for many years, the Release Candidate (RC) of iOS 17.1 has now been released to developers. This means that in fact, as France expected, next week it will reach everyone. Let’s see where Apple has moved.
After 4 beta releases, RC offers a final release so that programmers can test it one last time before releasing the operating system to the world.
What's new in iOS 17.1?
These are the release notes made available by Apple.
- Content continues to transfer over the Internet when it leaves the AirDrop range
- New options to control when the screen goes off (iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Pro Max, iPhone 15 Pro, and iPhone 15 Pro Max)
- Favorites have been expanded to include songs, albums, and playlists, and you can filter to view favorites in your library
- The new cover collection offers color-changing designs to reflect the song in your playlist
- Song suggestions appear at the bottom of each playlist, making it easy to add music that matches the vibe of your playlist
This update also includes the following improvements and bug fixes:
- Option to choose a specific album to use with Photo Shuffle on the lock screen
- Support home key for locks issue
- Improved reliability of syncing Screen Time settings across devices
- Fixes an issue that could cause a useful location privacy setting to reset when you move or pair your Apple Watch for the first time
- Resolves an issue where incoming callers' names may not appear when the user is on another call
- Addresses an issue where custom and purchased ringtones may not appear as text tone options
- Addresses an issue that may cause the keyboard to become less responsive
- Crash detection improvements (all iPhone 14 and iPhone 15 models)
- Fixes an issue that could cause the image to remain on the screen
Apple still has it Some other features To be introduced as part of iOS 17, including the new Calendar app. Perhaps it will appear in the first beta of iOS 17.2 soon. At the moment, iOS 17.1 RC is already in circulation.
The official release date is scheduled to be October 24.
“Coffee trailblazer. Social media ninja. Unapologetic web guru. Friendly music fan. Alcohol fanatic.”