Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes-AMG) took “first place” in the 18th edition of the Portuguese Grand Prix scoring in the Formula One World Championship! Tomorrow, at 3 pm, the race begins with 66 laps to the “roller coaster” of Portimao, the third stage of the 2021 tournament. The 31-year-old Finn in the Algarve took first place in the grid in Matches in 158 league games – He got his first match in 2017, in Sakhir, Bahrain.
Finn’s too high performance in the qualifiers prevented Hamilton from reaching, at Autódromo Internacional do Algarve (AIA), to the 100th “pole” in Formula 1. For Mercedes, who reached Portugal with doubts about progress Red Bull-Honda, is a colossal team score: for the 71st time in 141 major trophies in the hybrid era that began in Australia 2014, the seven-time world champion has put both cars in the front row of the starting grid! In the two tournament’s 72 editions, they achieved this on 79 occasions. Plus only Ferrari with … 80.
Bottas, on the fastest lap at Portimao, in the third part of the qualifiers, in the session that placed the top ten on the starting net and set the “starting position”, stood at 1.18.348 meters, beating Hamilton by 0.007 seconds !. … in third place, 0.398 seconds from Finn, Max Verstappen, who will start the Portuguese Grand Prix alongside Sergio Perez, fellow Red Bull Honda.
Qualifying results (and interim starting net)
1. º Valtteri Bottas, Mercedes-AMG, 1.18.348 m
2. Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes-AMG, 1.18.355 m
3.º Max Verstappen, Red Bull Honda, 1.18.746 m
Fourth Sergio Perez, Red Bull Honda, 1.18890 meters
5.º Carlos Sainz Jr., Ferrari, 1.19.039 meters
6. º Esteban Ocon, Albin Reno, 1.19042 AD
7th Lando Norris, McLaren Mercedes, 1.19116 m
8. º Charles Leclerc, Ferrari, 1.19306 AD
9. Pierre Gasly, AlphaTauri-Honda, 1.19.375 AD
10- Sebastian Vettel, Aston Martin Mercedes, 1.19.659 m
It was deleted in Q2
11. George Russell, Williams Mercedes, 1.19109 AD
12.º Antonio Giovinazzi, Alfa Romeo-Ferrari, 1.19.216 m
13.º Fernando Alonso, Albin Renault, 1.19.456 m
14.º Yuki Tsutaka, AlphaTauri-Honda, 1.19.463 m
15. Kimi Raikkonen, Alfa Romeo-Ferrari, 1.19.812 m
He was excluded in Q1
16. º Daniel Ricciardo, McLaren Mercedes, 1.19.839 m
17. Lance Stroll, Aston Martin Mercedes, 1.19.913 m
18- Nicholas Latifi, Williams Mercedes, 1,20,285 m
19. Mick Schumacher, Haas Ferrari, 1.20.452 A.D.
20. Nikita Mazpin, Haas Ferrari, 1.20.912 AD