Thursday, July 25, 2024
HomesportBenzema: "Cristiano Ronaldo and Zidane are the two players who made me...

Benzema: “Cristiano Ronaldo and Zidane are the two players who made me love football” – Real Madrid

Published on

The French striker commented on the great start to the season and praised CR7 and his compatriot

Or the old Benzema shoes it is now Exceeds all expectations. The French striker has nine goals and seven assists in nine games for Real Madrid, and says he is in the best moment of his career “in terms of statistics”. In an interview with “L’Equipe”, the striker talked about his impact on the Spanish team, responded to comparisons with Zidane, and also praised Cristiano Ronaldo.

“The best moment? Certainly, statistically speaking, in terms of goals and assists. But what I can give on the field has not changed much. I like when my goals and assists are decisive. I like my passes more than I like them. They can change the course of the match,” he said, before explaining. Why is the pass on goal preferred?

Related


Higuain recalls his career at Real Madrid:

“If I have a 40 percent chance of scoring and another 60 percent chance of watching, I’d definitely better help out. If I start thinking about being selfish and breaking records, that means I’m continuing my playing style.”

Regarding a possible Ballon d’Or ‘candidate’, Benzema stresses that it is something to think about ‘when you have ambition’, and not need to be ‘obsessed’. “If I had to win one, it would be for what I do on the field.”

When asked about the comparisons with Zidane, and about the fact that Florentino Perez considered him a “mix” between Cristiano Ronaldo and the midfielder, the Frenchman was flattered. “They are the two players who made me love football. Ronaldo is in attack and Zidane for his category. I’m a mix between ‘9’ and ’10’. I can never compare myself to Zidane or say we are on the same level. I have a lot of respect for him. I can only learn from what I can learn from. He did, as I did with Cristiano. We understand each other very well and we keep talking a lot.”

See also  The ball - 'sensitivity' to the goal: How many shots in two matches did Sporting need to score? (Sporting)

Benzema also confirmed that “it will be a matter of time” before Mbappe signs with Real Madrid, because the Paris Saint-Germain player “wants something more”.

According to the record

Latest articles

NEC is developing technology that measures sea level from greater distances.

a NEC Company Developed sea ​​level measurement technology Highly accurate, from long distances and...

Archaeology: – Mysterious face causes a stir

A mysterious face carved into stone was...

More like this

NEC is developing technology that measures sea level from greater distances.

a NEC Company Developed sea ​​level measurement technology Highly accurate, from long distances and...

Archaeology: – Mysterious face causes a stir

A mysterious face carved into stone was...