Donald Trump is in awe. Polls this summer show Trump is nearly unstoppable.
Not even Florida Governor Ron DeSantis could come close to Trump in the polls.
The accusations bounce back. One CNNA September 5 poll showed that a majority of likely Republican voters are not concerned about how indictments might weaken Trump’s chances of winning the election.
Facts about the criminal and civil cases against Donald Trump
These are the most significant cases in which Donald Trump has been investigated, indicted or prosecuted.
* On Tuesday, August 15, Donald Trump was charged in Georgia. The Attorney General’s Office believes that Trump and a number of other people created a criminal association to undermine the election results in the state in 2020. He is charged with 13 counts along with 18 other people. If convicted, Trump faces 20 years in prison. The investigation began after a phone call with state elections official Brad Raffensperger in January 2021, in which Trump asked him to “find” the number of votes he needed to win.
* On Tuesday, August 1, 2023, an indictment was filed against Donald Trump for attempting to reject the election results from 2020 and storming Congress on January 6, 2021. The first court hearing was held on Thursday, August 3. The former president denies the criminal charge on all charges against him.
* Trump is also accused of violating the Espionage Act because he took secret documents with him after his resignation and departure from the White House. He has pleaded not guilty in this case. The trial is scheduled for May 2024.
The former president is accused of accounting crimes in connection with a hush-money payment to porn actress Stormy Daniels, who says the two had an extramarital affair. Trump denies the criminal charge. The case is scheduled for March 2024.
* The writer E. succeeded. Jane Carroll, in part, in the civil lawsuit filed against Trump in May 2023. The jury concluded that Trump had sexually assaulted Carroll, but had not raped her. She was also successful in her defamation claim. Trump appealed the ruling, which ordered him to pay $5 million in damages and damages. Carroll amended the lawsuit based on new statements by Trump, and the case is scheduled to be heard in January 2024.
(Sources: The Guardian, Reuters, NTB)
Trump is on his way to mobilizing voters.
On Friday, Trump received a political statement of support from South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem. At the same time, he appealed to the public in the familiar “Trump” style – with doomsday prophecies.
“This is a big moment in our country, because we either go one way or the other. If we go the other way, we will never have a country again,” the former president told the crowd.
Trump on the Putin news: – It’s really bad
The new normal?
Civita consultant Eric Luke says the wording shows a typical Trump pattern.
Trump continues to attack everything and everyone. It’s become normal, Luke tells Netavicin.
This insanity, this behavior, and the undermining of the American rule of law have become all too common. “You don’t realize how serious it is,” Luke adds.
Locke believes this is part of Trump’s instinct.
– He’s not very strategic, but he’s a genuine liar. “No one is afraid not to say what he feels or what he has in his heart,” Lucke says.
Heralds a four-month trial against Trump
– An unusual election campaign
Locke believes Trump attracts many voters through his personality. Additionally, he stands out from other politicians and their PR-polished messages. It could have a refreshing effect among voters.
– How does the Trump movement view the election campaign and his speech?
– It depends a little bit on which voter you have in mind for Trump. The most dedicated voters, the “sectarian movement,” cannot see that he is doing anything wrong. They’re likely to be encouraged by these measurements, Lucke says.
Locke believes the upcoming election campaign will be quite unique. Trump has to face several court cases. On Tuesday, Trump filed a request to replace the judge.
In Georgia, the former president cannot pardon himself. Therefore, the Georgia indictment poses the biggest challenge facing Trump.
– This will be a completely unusual election campaign. It would be completely unique in American history. “We’ve never seen anything like this before,” Lucke concludes.
“Organizer. Social media geek. General communicator. Bacon scholar. Proud pop culture trailblazer.”