- In most parts of the world, “Fast & Furious” films have very similar titles – but not in Japan!
- The Japanese know the Fast series as “Wild Speed” from the first film.
- Netsweld reveals 10 crazy titles known as Action Saga in Japan.
In Germany, “Fast & Furious” movies often stuck to the original English titles or added a number at the end, while in the United States things occasionally got a little more work with titles like “The Fade of the Furious”. Infamous nickname “Fast & Furious – new model. Original parts.” Part 4 is already the most daring invention in this country.
In Japan, on the other hand, distributors are not satisfied with the titles given. So each part of the “Fast and Furious” saga got its own title in Japan, some of which are even better than the original!
- “The Fast and the Furious” became: “Wild speed”
- “2 Fast 2 Furious” became: “Wild Speed X2”
- “The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift”: “Wild Speed X3: Tokyo Skating”
- “Fast & Furious – New Model. Original Parts.” Became: “Wild Speed Max”
- “Fast & Furious Five” became: “Speed Mega Max”
- “Fast & Furious 6” became: “Wild Speed: Euro Mission”
- “Fast & Furious 7” became: “Wild Speed: Sky Mission”
- “Fast & Furious 8” became: “Wild Speed: Snow Gap”
- Fast and Furious: Hobbs & Shaw became: “Wild Speed: Super Combo”
- “Fast & Furious 9” became: “Wild Speed: Jet Brake”
Apparently, in 2001 it was decided that “speed” was better than “fast” in Japan and that “wild” was significantly cooler than “pure”. In addition, Jeep viewers may misunderstand the images for the Wilder version of the movie “Speed” starring Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock.
Then the Japanese stayed true to the “Wild Speed” titles, multiplying the speeds for parts 2 and 3 and splitting them into their own smaller rows by rotating them into parts 4 and 5, on top of that the “mega max” was the maximum speed!
This work is at the forefront in films 6 and 7, while the ice breaks in Part 8 and the jet breaks in Part 9. Or was it a jet blast? “Wild Speed: Jet Break” will finally be released in our cinemas in Germany until July 15 – despite the very boring title.
“Tip: Excellent VPN providers for added security and data security
“Proud explorer. Freelance social media expert. Problem solver. Gamer. Extreme travel aficionado.”