Saturday, July 13, 2024
HomeWorldFrederick Solvang cancels "The Debate": - The battle is lost

Frederick Solvang cancels “The Debate”: – The battle is lost

Published on

Debate fails: Debating a dispute between two parties has proven difficult with only one party in the studio, debate host Frederick Solvang acknowledges.

Tonight’s ‘discussion’ of the general strike at NRK has been cancelled. The LO has changed its mind and will not vote, explains Program Director Frederick Solvang.

published:

“Sometimes Debatten editors have to realize the battle is lost,” says Frederic Solvang in a video on his Instagram profile.

Tonight’s broadcast of NRK’s ​​”Debate” program was supposed to be about the ongoing general strike, after the breakdown of negotiations between LO and NHO.

A few hours before sending, the program is canceled.

– does not want LO. They’ve changed their minds. It applies top to bottom, and without LO we can’t achieve that, says Solvang.

According to the presenter, the LO stated that they did not want to contribute to a higher level of conflict in the negotiations.

Solvang announced earlier Monday on Instagram that they would be sending out an additional broadcast about the historic general strike, but the broadcast has now been cancelled.

Historic strike

And it has not happened recently that there has been a strike in the so-called intermediate settlement, where the parties negotiate wages. Even before negotiations began, the LO threatened to go on strike for a management salary increase.

LO and NHO met in Riksmekleren to get the outline of an agreement on the table. After two days of mediation, the LO said no to the sketch, while the NHO agreed to the agreement.

See also  Samantha Fox denies assaulting his wife

– LO demanded an increase in the purchasing power of its members and the promotion of lower wages. The NHO chose to reject our demands, thus sending the country into strike, LO leader Peggy Hessen Følsvik told VG previously.

Nearly 23,000 LO members went on strike last week, and the strike was later escalated.

See how it turns out affected by the strike.

– We have made great efforts to meet the workers, and have agreed upon the scheme which has been put forth. The fee was of a nature to be accepted, NHO chief Ole-Erik Almlid told VG about the rejected agreement.

Here you can see which ones LO companies covered by the strike.

published:

Latest articles

Caras e Visão publisher can't resist the market – Marketeer

The first signs of the “illness” appeared (as always) with the delay in paying...

Stunning Pregnant Woman, Color and Boldness. See Celebrity Looks on Day 2 of Live – Celebrities

Gone are the days when pregnant women wore boring clothes and avoided life's pleasures,...

London's Science Museum forced to cut ties with oil giant – and faces pressure from other sponsors

The Science Museum has been forced to cut ties with oil giant Equinor over...

More like this

Caras e Visão publisher can't resist the market – Marketeer

The first signs of the “illness” appeared (as always) with the delay in paying...

Stunning Pregnant Woman, Color and Boldness. See Celebrity Looks on Day 2 of Live – Celebrities

Gone are the days when pregnant women wore boring clothes and avoided life's pleasures,...

London's Science Museum forced to cut ties with oil giant – and faces pressure from other sponsors

The Science Museum has been forced to cut ties with oil giant Equinor over...