Al Jazeera quoted a spokesman for the Al-Qassam Brigades of the Hamas movement.
– Any attack targeting our people without warning will be met with the execution of a civilian hostage. The spokesman said, according to Al Jazeera, “We have decided to put an end to the fascist Zionist crime against our people.”
– The speaker adds: – We hold the enemy responsible for this decision.
The latest: On Monday evening, Reuters news agency wrote that a Hamas spokesman said they were ready to discuss a ceasefire with Israel.
Here you will find all of Dagbladet’s articles on what has happened in Israel and Palestine since the Hamas attack on Saturday.
– Photo materials will be published
Hamas took up to 150 people hostage after it attacked kibbutzim, villages and a music festival in Israel on Saturday.
Times of Israel journalist Emmanuel Fabian wrote on Twitter/X that Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida also said they would publish video material from the executions.
According to Reuters, Obaida claims that they are “acting in accordance with Islamic instructions” by keeping the Israeli hostages safe. They also accuse Israel of carrying out several attacks and killing many civilians in their homes.
A Hamas spokesman confirmed on Monday evening that among the hostages were “dozens” of dual nationals, including Russians and Chinese.
– I’m eager to
Al Jazeera’s political analyst, Marwan Bishara, believes that the Hamas movement’s statements issued on Monday indicate that the situation on the ground in Gaza has become desperate.
– Hamas is under increasing pressure to respond to the ongoing bombing and massacres against the civilian population in Gaza, he tells his newspaper.
At the same time, he points to what he believes is a pattern of escalation between the two parties.
We noticed that the more oppression and use of force against the Palestinians increased, the worse the Palestinian resistance became.
– The attacks continue
Attacks on the Gaza Strip continue forcefully and on a large scale, although they may cause harm to Israeli prisoners, according to the Israeli army radio station.
– If we had concrete intelligence information about the whereabouts of the hostages, it would be natural for Israel to refrain from doing so. But as long as we do not have such information, all Hamas targets will be attacked, the radio station reported Monday afternoon Al Jazeera.
The channel also reported that Israeli Foreign Minister Eli Cohen now expects more than 100 people to be captured in the weekend attack. Hamas and the Islamic Holy War reported a similar number.
Israeli media reported on Monday evening that the death toll after the Hamas attack on Israel on Saturday exceeded 900 people.
On Monday evening, Israeli television also reported that the remains of at least 100 dead had been exhumed from Kibbutz Be’eri, according to Reuters.
Hamas took control of the settlement on Saturday.
On the terrorist list
The group is on the terrorist list of several countries, including the United States. Norway does not have its own terrorism list, but it adheres to United Nations resolutions. They did not put Hamas on their terrorist list.
Prime Minister Jonas Gahr Sture (AFP) referred to the attack on Saturday as terrorist, but would not refer to Hamas as a terrorist organisation, he wrote. NRC.
– It is an organization that runs terrorism. It does not change our list. Here the position is clear: Hamas is responsible for terrorist acts and violations of the rules of war, Storr says.
“Organizer. Social media geek. General communicator. Bacon scholar. Proud pop culture trailblazer.”