And now Vladimir Putin (69 years old) is also experiencing adversity from his closest “friends”. The Russian president was directly humiliated by his colleague from Kazakhstan.
It happened during the economic forum in Saint Petersburg, Where Putin spoke on Friday.
Kassym-Jomart Tokayev (69 years old) is the president of Kazakhstan, which has been one of Russia’s closest allies throughout Putin’s term.
But the president of Kazakhstan openly insulted Putin in St. Petersburg.
In response to a question from Putin “Minister of Propaganda” Margarita Semongan, in a debate in which Putin and Tokayev participatedused President of Kazakhstan This is a word about the rebellious Donbass republic:
Thus, Tokayev spoke of the so-called “people’s republics” of Donetsk and Luhansk. Putin laid the groundwork for the invasion of Ukraine a few days ago Donetsk and Luhansk recognized as independent states.
After the invasion began, Putin said that they would liberate the Russians in these two regions. Currently Tough battles going on Between Ukrainian and Russian forces in this region.
– If all the countries that wanted liberation got it, then there would be 500-600 countries now that are members of the United Nations instead of 193 – there would be complete anarchy. And we will adhere to the quasi-state principle, which – in our opinion – Luhansk and Donetsk, said the President of Kazakhstan on stage.
Vladimir Putin was not unexpectedly stiff in a mask as he sat next to his co-chair – but Semongan thanked him for “an open answer”.
It is also inappropriate to recognize, for example, Taiwan, Kosovo, Abkhazia and South Ossetia, Tokayev said.
The day after Tokayev’s statement, Kazakh oil exports through the Russian city of Novorossiysk were surprisingly restricted, according to reports. theins.ru.
The official reason is that port authorities have to clear mines from World War II — which they discovered unexpectedly, he writes. Kommersant.
Kazakhstan responded on Monday by shutting down 1,700 railway wagons with Russian coal, reports say Kyiv Post.
Rumor has it that Tokayev did not say thanks for receiving the Russian order – named after Alexander Nevsky. Putin’s spokesman Dmitry Peskov said That such an honor was not planned, but Tokayev’s office then confirmed the refusal.
Russia and Kazakhstan have strong ties, including through the Eurasian Economic Union, an economic union between Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Armenia.
The clash between the two presidents comes less than half a year after Russia allegedly sent peacekeepers to Kazakhstan to get order after large demonstrations there. Russia sent its troops On behalf of the Collective Security Charter (CSTO), a grouping of six ex-Soviet states, at Tokayev’s request.
The statements of the Kazakh president in St. Petersburg were commented on by the “quasi-states” themselves:
“He has the right to think so, but he cannot close his eyes to reality and hide from the changing world order,” said Vladislav Denigo, Donetsk “Foreign Minister”. theins.ru.
“We will survive,” replies Denis Pushlin, the leader of Donetsk.
Russian politician Konstantin Zatolin, who works specifically with relations with Russia’s closest neighbor, threatened Kazakhstan with actions “like Ukraine.”
– The fact that Kazakhstan did not and did not recognize (Donetsk and Luhansk) was evident even without Tokayev’s statement. But what Tokayev said about this in the presence of President Putin seems frank and general, but in my opinion it was wrong, says Zatolin.
– I have no doubt that our allies understand their obligations, Zatulin believes – and I think that the President of Kazakhstan could at least have remained silent about what he meant.
He also made a small threat that Kazakhstan is in the same situation as Ukraine:
– They know very well that a number of regions have a majority of Russian population, and they have little to do with the so-called Kazakhstan.
And since then, party secretary Andrei Turchak of Putin’s party “United Russia” has asked Zatulin to “keep his views to himself.”
“Organizer. Social media geek. General communicator. Bacon scholar. Proud pop culture trailblazer.”
This is why Crown Princess Mette-Marit does not appear
– It will close all gaps – E24
Asia temperature record – VG