The latest installment of Indie World, released by Nintendo earlier this week, revealed a lot of good news coming to the Nintendo Switch. This is a list of games for all tastes where it will not be difficult to find good alternatives. Come and meet her…
At the beginning of the week Nintendo released the latest Indiw World, an initiative aimed at revealing to the Nintendo Switch (and beyond) gamer community new features coming to the console.
Most of them are games developed by small studios without big budgets, and in the list, we can find some very interesting games.
At its latest Indie World showcase, Nintendo revealed an exciting lineup of indie games set to arrive on Nintendo Switch in 2023 and 2024.
As a first for the streamer, Shantae Advance: Risky Revolution, a direct sequel to the original Shantae – which took over 20 years to complete – has been announced for release for Nintendo Switch in 2024.
The presentation also revealed that Outer Wilds: Archaeologist Edition, which includes the popular open-world puzzle Outer Wilds and its expansion, Echoes of the Eye, will land on Nintendo Switch on December 7.
Other highlights included Core Keeper, a sandbox-style mining adventure in which up to eight players explore together in online multiplayer, available for Nintendo Switch in the summer of next year; On Your Tail, a charming, narrative-focused life simulation game set in Italy with a touch of mystery solving, is coming to Nintendo Switch as a temporary console exclusive in 2024; Backpack Hero, an inventory management roguelike where good backpack organization is the key to unlocking powers, is available on Nintendo Switch today; And Moonstone Island, a simulation game for collecting life and creatures in an open world with 100 islands to explore, is coming to Nintendo Switch as a temporary console exclusive in the spring.
You can watch the full show below:
But let's check out the list of new features introduced in Indie World:
- Shantae Progress: A Perilous Revolution From WayForward: Shantae, everyone's favorite half-genie, is back in this retro sequel to the original 2002 game, completed and released 20 years later. This action-adventure platformer includes all the action Shantae fans have come to expect, like hair attacks and belly dancing, along with multiple chapters, countless mazes and settlements, six creature transformations, fearsome bosses, and a four-player competition mode. A new gameplay mechanic allows Shantae to create new paths in each area by manipulating the foreground and background, moving between their layers to navigate and explore each level. Shantae Advance: Risky Revolution arrives on Nintendo Switch in 2024.
- Basic guard From Pugstorm and Fireshine Games: Explore a vast cavern filled with creatures, relics, and resources in this sandbox-style mining adventure, where up to eight players can work together in online co-op multiplayer. As an adventurer who feels the pull of a mysterious artifact, your mission will be to uncover the secrets of this long-forgotten world. Whether you prefer to progress slowly, gathering resources, tending crops and building bases, or diving right into the action, improving skills, facing ancient bosses, and exploring the ever-changing landscape, Core Keeper will invite everyone to play the way they like best in the game. Nintendo Switch game in summer 2024.
- On your tail From Memorable Games and Humble Games: As the intrepid young detective Diana, players will explore the charming beach village of Borgo Marina in this narrative-driven life simulation game. But there are secrets lurking behind the village's perfect exterior. Investigate the streets and shops for clues and collect Clue Cards to help unmask the thief who has been threatening the once peaceful village. When not solving puzzles, players can enjoy their vacation at sea, going to the beach, spending time with friends, having fun in the arcade, fishing and more. On Your Tail is coming to Nintendo Switch as a temporary console exclusive in 2024.
- howling From Mi'pu'mi Games and Astragon Entertainment: A fairytale world is being destroyed by the Howl, an evil plague spread through sound. Only a deaf prophet will be able to find a cure and bring peace back to these lands. You'll have to use your weapons and ingenuity to advance in this turn-based strategy game with a hand-drawn art style. Engaging combat mechanics challenge players to predict enemy actions, forcing them to plan up to six steps ahead and use interactive environments to their advantage. Defeat monsters to collect resources and improve your ever-expanding skill arsenal, and chart your path across the world map to discover secret paths and unlock new abilities. Howl arrives on Nintendo Switch later today. The free demo will also be available on the Nintendo eShop at the same time.
- The star named EOS From Silver Lining Studio and PLAYISM: Immerse yourself in a beautiful, hand-drawn panoramic world and immerse yourself in a first-person narrative puzzle adventure game that explores photography and the many ways you can capture the fleeting moments that shape our lives. Play as Dei, a young photographer following in his mother's footsteps. Find and collect objects filled with memories and help Dei discover the truth about his mother's absence. Star Named EOS is available for Nintendo Switch in the spring of next year.
- Hero backpack From Jaspel and Different Tales: Backpack Hero is a deck-building roguelike with a new twist. The focus here is not on what you carry, but on how you organize the items in your backpack and put them in the right place to unleash their true powers. Explore ancient dungeons, face enemies in turn-based battles, and meet a variety of unusual characters. Take on the role of one of five available Backpack Heroes, each with their own powers, mechanics, and items. Thanks to the treasures you find in the dungeon, you will be able to help your hometown, Haversack Hill. Rebuild, expand and decorate the settlement, earn the gratitude of the residents and become a true community hero. The Hero Backpack arrives on Nintendo Switch today.
- Chimera Blade By Team Ladybug/WSSplayground and PLAYISM: In futuristic and dystopian Osaka, a group called the "Missa Association" is responsible for protecting the city from demon attacks. One of its members goes on a risky mission when things go wrong in this "pixel art" style 2D action game. Wield the powerful sword of Lumina, a demon-turned-deadly weapon, which not only tears apart opponents, but also interferes with time itself, restoring previously destroyed stairs, bridges and platforms to reach new areas. Will you be able to master the powers of the Lumina Sword? Blade Chimera will be available on Nintendo Switch as a temporary console exclusive in the spring of next year.
- a Highland song From Inkle: Guide Moira as she runs, jumps, climbs and smashes her way to her goal in this 2.5D narrative platformer with rhythm and action elements. Traverse the peaks and valleys of the Scottish Highlands, taking hundreds of different routes and discovering shortcuts and surprises along the way. Timing is vital when you're trying to get to the coast as quickly as possible, with rain, storms and snow hampering your progress. Some valleys contain music sequences, where players must jump in time to the sound of a frenetic Scottish soundtrack to quickly advance across the field. Highland Song is coming to Nintendo Switch on December 5th. The game will be available for pre-purchase later today on the Nintendo eShop.
- Moonstone Island From Studio Supersoft and Raw Fury: This life simulator where players collect creatures, explore dungeons, and build decks features 100 procedurally generated sky islands that they can explore with the goal of becoming a world-famous alchemist. There are more than 60 cool souls that you can collect through fun card battles. While resting and integrating into society, players can craft things, tend to their farms, brew potions, decorate their homes, make friends with the residents, and even fall in love. Moonstone Island will be available on Nintendo Switch as a temporary console exclusive in the spring of next year.
- Death Trick: Double Blind Written by Misty Mountain Studio and Neon Doctrine: In this non-linear detective visual novel set in Morgan's traveling circus, the master magician has disappeared. An unusual duo, made up of another circus magician and a detective suffering from amnesia, take turns investigating Hattie's disappearance, each using their own perspective and the information they gather. With only a limited number of actions, players must carefully decide which evidence to investigate, and look for inconsistencies in the evidence they find. By organizing clues and identifying each of the unusual circus characters, our heroes must solve the case and challenge everyone who seems suspicious. Death Trick: Double Blind is coming to Nintendo Switch in 2024 as a temporary console exclusive. The free demo will be available later today on the Nintendo eShop.
- Outer Prairie: Archaeologist Edition From Mobius Digital and Annapurna Interactive: In this open-world adventure, players will have to explore different planets in search of clues, strange signs, and ancient alien texts to decipher. But the solar system is trapped in a time loop and each planet will change radically during exploration. Immerse yourself in an underground city before it is swallowed by the ground and more. Find the keys that will unlock the secrets of the solar system in its most hidden and dangerous places, then discover the biggest secret of all in the Echoes of the Eye expansion included with this edition. Outer Wilds: Archaeologist Edition arrives on Nintendo Switch on December 7. The game will be available for pre-purchase later today on the Nintendo eShop.
In addition to the titles shown above, a montage of more indie titles coming to Nintendo Switch has also been streamed, including:
- Planet Lanaa cinematic puzzle adventure set in an epic saga spanning centuries and galaxies, is available for Nintendo Switch this spring.
- Enjoy dinnera mystery narrative adventure with point-and-click elements, is available today for Nintendo Switch.
- Celestial bodiesa frustrating, physics-based space puzzle game that challenges players to complete a series of seemingly simple missions aboard a 1970s space station, is available for the Nintendo Switch in February next year.
- Gecko godsa relaxing puzzle-platformer starring a young gecko who will have to explore a group of mysterious islands and temples to save his friends, is available for the Nintendo Switch this spring.
- Passepartout 2: The Lost Artista drawing adventure where players are invited to explore the charming village of Phénix while creating and selling works of art, is available for Nintendo Switch today.
- Urban Myth Solution Centera captivating puzzle game where players are tasked with investigating curses, haunted houses, and other urban legends, is available for Nintendo Switch in 2024.
- Cue: Anniversary Editiona revamped version of the popular platformer with new puzzles, revamped graphics and reimagined sounds, as well as commentary from the development team, is available for Nintendo Switch starting April 30, 2024.
All good games, right?
“Coffee trailblazer. Social media ninja. Unapologetic web guru. Friendly music fan. Alcohol fanatic.”