sim, workers can be fired for unexplained absence from work in two cases: when they represent serious harm or risk to the company or when they exceed a certain threshold, according to the Working Conditions Authority (ACT).
“Hey A worker can be dismissed for absenteeism without an excuse When you directly identify these defects Serious damage or risk for the company or When the number of absences in each calendar year reaches five consecutive days or ten interpolated days,” ACT presents, in a post on the social network Twitter.
What are the disadvantages justification?
According to the ACT, an excused absence is:
- data for 15 consecutive days at the time of the wedding;
- The motive for the death of the husband, father, mother, son or daughter, stepfather, stepmother, stepson, father-in-law, mother-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, or a person living in an actual relationship with the worker, for 5 consecutive days;
- due to the death of grandparents, grandparents, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, brothers and sisters, for two consecutive days;
- Those who are motivated to present evidence in an educational institution;
- Those who are motivated by the impossibility of performing work due to a fact not attributable to the worker, namely compliance with a prescription after the use of a medically assisted reproductive technology, illness, accident or compliance with a legal obligation;
- Those who are motivated to provide urgent and essential assistance to a child, grandchild or member of the worker’s family;
- Those who are motivated to accompany a pregnant woman traveling to a hospital unit located outside the island of residence for childbirth;
- those motivated by a person responsible for the education of a minor who goes to an educational institution on account of his educational status, for the most necessary time, up to a maximum of four hours per quarter, for each one;
- Those of the workers elected in the structure of the collective representation of workers;
- Candidates for public office, under the terms of the corresponding election law;
- authorized or authorized by the employer;
Other absences specified by law will continue to be justified.
‘All others are unjustified’ACT concludes.
A worker may be dismissed due to unjustified absence from work when such absence directly leads to serious harm or danger to the company or when the number of absences in each calendar year reaches five consecutive days or ten distorted days. pic.twitter.com/gyAC3HiDFQ
– ACT (actportugal) September 12, 2022
“Wannabe internet buff. Future teen idol. Hardcore zombie guru. Gamer. Avid creator. Entrepreneur. Bacon ninja.”