As mentioned earlier, prices for services of telecom operators will increase by up to 7.8%. It is not yet known how much each service will increase, but, for example, Vodafone He said it before This information will be available at the end of the month.
It should be noted that the increments are set in accordance with Consumer price indexdetermined annually by INE – National Statistical Institute.
Portugal will have one of the most expensive services in Europe
If you have telecom services, prepare your wallet because prices will really go up. Taking into account the increase in the cost of tariffs, Portugal will now have one of the most expensive services in Europe.
DECO - Associação do Consumidor has already sent a letter to Anacom - Associação Nacional de Comunicações, having some doubts regarding compliance with deadlines and amendments to consumer contracts. Still, there's not much that can be done, says Luis Pescoe, an attorney at Decaux.
All operators are preparing to increase prices for their products and services, which can reach 7.8%.
What should consumers do?
Speaking to CNN Portugal, Luis Pesco says that...
- The first thing you need to do is go back to your contract and confirm whether it does, in fact, include the clause stating that updates can be made according to the CPI INE
- If your contract provides for a monthly fee of a fixed amount for a certain period (say, 24 months), which is considered loyalty, there is the possibility of questioning the legality of the increase.
- Request a personal contact from the operator with specific information about the amount of the increase and the final amount to be paid
- Confirm the date you are notified of the change: Notice must be given 30 days in advance.
- Check if the proposal is an update (based on the INE CPI) or a contract change
- If you are in unemployment, prolonged illness or emigration he can Cancellation The contract with the telecom operator
- Families with low incomes or those with special social needs can apply for it Social internet tariff.
“Wannabe internet buff. Future teen idol. Hardcore zombie guru. Gamer. Avid creator. Entrepreneur. Bacon ninja.”