– If someone violates public safety, regardless of whether he is an officer or a tourist, and we do not find the perpetrator, we will not continue searching for that person, but we will certainly find his relatives.
Ramzan Kadyrov is said to have stated this during a meeting with leaders and commanders of the Chechen Interior Ministry and the National Guard. He writes that the meeting must have taken place on December 30 Newsweek.
Kadyrov, the president of Chechnya and a close ally of Vladimir Putin, is called “Putin's bloody dog.” He is not known for sparing his powder in his public statements.
Kadyrov suggested killing the relatives of criminals for the crimes they committed:
“If someone violates public safety, whether an officer or a tourist, and if we do not even find the violator, we will not continue searching for him, but we will certainly find his relatives. As is the custom… pic.twitter.com/pwEzvzAIBC
– Anton Gerashchenko (@Gerashchenko_en) January 2, 2024
The meeting must have addressed how the authorities can protect the public's safety during the holiday season.
– And so it was in ancient times, if the criminal was not found, he would kill the brother or father, he mentioned and added:
– This way our revenge will be paid very quickly. If not, the person kills someone and lives with impunity, and relatives begin to turn away from them. There is no effective distance between relatives until we kill one of his family and take the right to revenge.
In November, Kadyrov made another dramatic proposal. Then he called for shooting demonstrators in the forehead.
– Fire three warning shots into the air, and then, if the person does not comply with the law, put a bullet in his forehead, he told representatives of the Russian Interior Ministry and the National Guard, RIA Novosti reported.
The statement came after riots in Makhachkala in the Russian Republic of Dagestan at the end of October, where crowds stormed the airport when an Israeli plane was about to land.
“Organizer. Social media geek. General communicator. Bacon scholar. Proud pop culture trailblazer.”