As we approach the shopping season blackfriday.pta Swiss platform dedicated to Black Friday and Cyber Monday promotions in Portugal, is committed to ensuring that consumers are well informed on how to protect themselves from fraud and cyber threats during this hectic shopping period.
“This is the time when people inevitably buy more. People wait for this month to buy more expensive products at cheaper prices, making it a very attractive time for cybercriminals. Therefore, it is essential that consumers are aware of the risks and know how to protect themselves.”
In this way, the startup offers some important tips to ensure safe online shopping on Black Friday:
- Buy only from trusted sites: Make sure you shop on well-known and reputable retail sites. Avoid unknown sites that offer deals that seem too good to be true.
- Verify the authenticity of websites: Before entering any personal or payment information, make sure that the site is secure. Look for “https://” in the address bar and for the padlock in the browser’s status bar. This indicates that the connection is secure.
- Use secure payment methods: Prefer to use secure payment methods, such as credit cards, which provide additional protection against fraud. Avoid bank transfers or unsecured payment methods.
- Keep the software updated: Make sure your operating system, browsers, and antivirus software are always updated to protect your device from security vulnerabilities.
- Be wary of suspicious offers via email: If you receive emails with Black Friday deals that look suspicious or ask for sensitive personal information, do not click on the links or provide personal information. Always check the authenticity of these emails.
- Use strong passwords: Create unique, strong passwords for each online account and use two-factor authentication whenever possible.
- Stay informed: Monitor the latest news about online threats and fraud while staying up to date on online security best practices.
“Wannabe internet buff. Future teen idol. Hardcore zombie guru. Gamer. Avid creator. Entrepreneur. Bacon ninja.”