brytfmonline

Complete News World

Tarabat and Morocco leave Guinea Conakry in a complete coup

Tarabat and Morocco leave Guinea Conakry in a complete coup

According to a representative of the Royal Moroccan Football Federation, quoted by Agence France-Presse, the delegation “has already ascended and is returning to Morocco.”

The Moroccan team, which includes Benfica player Adel Taarabt, left Guinea Conakry after the 2022 World Cup qualifier match was postponed due to a coup attempt in Conakry.

According to the representative of the Royal Moroccan Football Federation, quoted by Agence France-Presse, the delegation “has already started and is returning to Morocco”, after postponing the meeting between the two teams without a specific date, the second round of the first group of the African qualifying zone for the 2022 World Cup scheduled for Monday.

“The current political and security situation in Guinea Conakry is extremely volatile and is closely monitored by FIFA and the Confederation of African Football (CAF). To ensure the safety of all players and referees, FIFA and CAF have decided to postpone the match,” the world football governing body informed, in a statement Posted on the official website.

In the afternoon, an FRMF official told AFP that the escorts from that North African country were “safe and staying in a hotel located a little further from the tension zone”.

“The Moroccan authorities are working today to evacuate the team. A plane is already at the airport for this operation,” Mohamed Makrouf said after a coup attempt in the capital of Guinea Conakry led by the local army.

Shooting was heard from automatic weapons, this morning in the center of Conakry, where the presidential palace, institutions and commercial offices are located, and many soldiers were seen in the streets, according to what a number of eyewitnesses told AFP.

See also  History: The Brentford "bees" celebrate the rise of the Premier League

The special forces of Guinea Conakry said today, that they arrested President Alpha Conde, dissolved the institutions and the government and closed the borders, in a video sent to Agence France-Presse, while the Ministry of Defense said it repelled the coup attempt.

In recent months, Guinea-Conakry, a country in West Africa bordering Guinea-Bissau and one of the poorest countries in the world, despite having great resources, has faced a deep political and economic crisis, exacerbated by the Covid-19 epidemic.

President Alpha Conde, 83, was re-elected last year for a third term deemed unconstitutional by the opposition, sparking months of tension and dozens of deaths in a country accustomed to bloody political clashes.