Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, 44, is being mocked after a rocky start to the campaign Thursday night.
On Wednesday, it was official: DeSantis is running as the Republican presidential candidate for the 2024 election.
“I stand as a presidential candidate to lead our great American comeback,” he says in one Twitter video Nights until Thursday Norwegian time.
Twitter is also where last night he made his official debut as a presidential candidate – in a live chat with Twitter CEO Elon Musk.
Delays and “elevator music”
However, the event, which was broadcast live on Twitter, did not go as planned:
- The broadcast was initially delayed by eight minutes, before it was marked by a number of technical challenges.
- At the start of the event, it seemed like too much for Twitter, which crashed again and again, He writes for the New York Times. “Now we’re listening to what sounds like elevator music,” he wrote BBC Live.
- After 20 minutes of being live, DeSantis hadn’t said a word. What could be heard were Twitter employees trying to apologize for the situation. “We have so much here that we’re kind of melting the servers, which is a good sign,” says David Sachs, who led the conversation.
- according to guardian Twitter finally had to set up a new live stream. After about 30 minutes, the governor was finally able to take the microphone and announce that he was running for office. By then, just under half of the 500,000 listeners had disappeared hv news.
DeSantis is the main challenger to Donald Trump to become the last Republican candidate before the presidential election.
Make fun of Biden
Neither bipartisan opponents allowed an opportunity to mock the new presidential nominee after the Twitter issue Thursday night.
This link is working. writes President Joe Biden He posts a link to his election campaign.
Errors, technical problems. Uncomfortable silence. Completely failed launch. A spokesman for his rival, Donald Trump, said in a statement that this was just the nominee Reproduced by ABC.
Fox News, where DeSantis will be interviewed later Thursday night, also stabbed on Twitter:
– Do you really want to see and hear Ron DeSantis? Turn on Fox News at 8 p.m. tonight, they write in the big red banner on their banners websites.
DeSantis offered no explanation as to why he chose to launch an unorthodox Twitter for his presidential candidacy.
To NRK, associate professor Sofie Høgestøl at the University of Oslo said she was a little surprised by the decision, since DeSantis is usually a little more traditional.
– This may be an attempt to appear at times. Collaboration with Elon Musk is very exciting. After all, the two faced a few of the same things, both “against”.I wake upI wake upA term often used in connection with political validity. It was originally considered a positive trait, but has recently taken on a negative connotation. There have been several instances in which the political right has used the term as a way to belittle opponents of opinion.», she says to the channel.
Behind Trump in the polls
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is on the right wing among Republicans and is politically close to former President Donald Trump, NTB writes. However, he and Trump disagreed on several key value issues, including abortion, as DeSantis had to implement strong austerity measures.
Polls so far have shown DeSantis trailing far behind Trump in support among Republican voters.
Read more about DeSantis here: New Republican star
However, during a Twitter conversation with Musk, the incumbent US President Joe Biden, who belongs to the Democratic Party, lost his throat. Among other things, he criticized the situation on the US border with Mexico, where a recent law change has created chaos and uncertainty.
– We know that our country is going in the wrong direction. Among other things, he said, we see it with our eyes and feel it on our bodies, and claimed that Biden lacks the strength to lead the United States.
DeSantis also accused Biden of allowing himself to lead the aforementioned “I wake upI wake upA term often used in connection with political validity. It was originally considered a positive trait, but has recently taken on a negative connotation. There have been several instances in which the political right has used the term as a way to belittle opponents of opinion.Movement. The governor has received praise from the right wing of the party for tightening opportunities for universities and schools to promote diversity, equality and inclusion, the NTB wrote.
“Organizer. Social media geek. General communicator. Bacon scholar. Proud pop culture trailblazer.”
The lawyer sued the airline, but the case crashed with a robot
“Lady of the Trunk”: – Solve the murder mystery after 53 years
Cheering for a breakthrough for endometriosis patients