Israel announced on Saturday an escalation of attacks against the Gaza Strip, and repeated its call for Palestinians in northern Gaza to flee to the south.
This happened on Sunday, two weeks and one day after the war:
● An Israeli soldier was killed today by an anti-tank missile in Gaza. One soldier was moderately injured, while two soldiers were slightly injured in the same attack.
Haaretz According to the Israeli army, a tank and a motor vehicle were hit. This happened at the same time that other soldiers were working to locate bodies and gather information about the missing Israelis.
● The Israeli military, IDF, said in a statement that an Israeli tank mistakenly hit an Egyptian military position near the border with Gaza.
In the statement, they apologized for the bombing that occurred in the Kerem Shalom area on the Israeli-Egyptian border.
– The incident is being investigated and we are examining the details, they previously wrote in the statement on the X Twitter website.
The Egyptian army spokesman said in a statement that the border soldiers were slightly injured in the incident.
A short while ago, an Israeli army tank accidentally opened fire and hit an Egyptian position adjacent to the border in the Kerem Shalom area. The incident is being investigated and details are being reviewed.
The IDF expresses its regret over the incident.
– Israel Defense Forces (@IDF) October 22, 2023
● In the past 24 hours, at least 266 Palestinians were killed by Israeli forces in Gaza, especially in the southern part, according to a spokesman for local health authorities. According to Al Jazeera.
Of these, 117 of them must be children, the media house continues.
Meanwhile, Israel ordered the Palestinians to travel south into the Gaza Strip. If not, they could be considered members of a terrorist group, Reuters news agency writes.
● 29 UN staff in the Gaza Strip have been killed in the war, the United Nations Assistance Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Middle East (UNRWA) said on Sunday, according to NTB.
● US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken, on Sunday afternoon, expressed concern about the escalation of conflict and war in the Middle East.
– We see a possible escalation of the war in the Middle East as a result of Iran and the country’s “proxies” in the region, Blinken says in an interview with NBC News, according to what was reported by Reuters news agency.
The Islamic Hezbollah organization – based in Lebanon – is among the organizations supported and funded by Iran.
There has been bombing between Israeli and Hezbollah positions in the past two weeks.
Here you will find all of Dagbladet’s articles about the ongoing war between Israel and Hamas.
● At the same time, the US Department of Defense stated that it is strengthening its presence in the region.
– If any country, or group, is thinking about expanding the conflict and taking advantage of this very unfortunate situation, our advice is: Do not do it, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said in this regard, according to what was reported by Reuters. Al Arabiya.
He also addressed the attacks that occurred in recent days against American military bases in Iraq.
He says: “We are witnessing a significant escalation in attacks against our forces and people throughout the region.”
● Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday warned Hezbollah against attacking Israel.
– If Hezbollah goes to war against Israel, it will lead to unimaginable destruction for it and Lebanon, says Netanyahu, according to Reuters.
Prime Minister says war in Gaza is a matter of life and death for Israel.
Hezbollah will make the mistake of its life if it starts a war with Israel.
● The IDF announced an escalation of air strikes against the Gaza Strip, and on Sunday dozens were reported killed in new attacks, NTB wrote.
The Hamas Ministry of Health said on Sunday that the death toll exceeded 4,700 people during two weeks of war.
● US authorities changed travel advice for Iraq on Sunday.
– Do not travel to Iraq, due to terrorism, kidnapping, armed conflict, civil unrest, and the limited ability of our Iraqi envoys to assist American citizens, the US State Department wrote in an update on its website.
The authorities also prevent people from using Baghdad International Airport. The reason is “security concerns.”
They also confirm that they have begun the process of evacuating non-essential employees and their family members from the American Embassy in Baghdad.
It is updated.
“Organizer. Social media geek. General communicator. Bacon scholar. Proud pop culture trailblazer.”