“I got up as usual to prepare lunch for me and my friend, and then I was going to work,” Nydia Rico told Jam Press.
The Colombian says she has been making the same lunch every day for three years: rice, lentils and lots of spices.
She uses a pressure cooker, which is a pot with a tight-fitting lid that can be screwed on or screwed on. In this way, boiling can occur at a higher than normal pressure.
Ricoh has now stopped using pressure vessels.
It shouldn’t be possible
Rico says she just received a pressure cooker as a gift.
-It was my friends who bought it for me. It must have a built-in pressure suppressor, so it doesn’t explode, she says.
Season the food, put it in the pot, and put it on medium heat for ten minutes.
– I took all the air out of the bowl, as I usually do, but nothing came out. She says that the air usually comes out little by little, so she waited a little.
Ten minutes later, there was a loud bang in the kitchen of her home in Bogotá.
– He became dizzy and howling
Rico had great difficulty opening the lid.
– When I finally managed to open it, I heard an explosion. My face got really hot. I became dizzy and howling.
He ran out of the bathroom
The first thing I thought of was the face.
– I’m not the most arrogant person in the world, but this is my face.
She says she started screaming and crying uncontrollably.
– My friend who was getting ready for work, ran out of the bathroom. He shouted and asked if everything was okay, and said we had to go to the emergency room.
She says her face was full of food.
-I washed my face with warm water, took out the food, and then we went to the emergency room.
Had to enter
In the emergency room, Rico discovered that she had suffered first-degree burns on half of her face.
She was hospitalized for a day. When she was discharged from hospital, she was advised to stay indoors for a few weeks and avoid the sun.
– They gave me cream and said I had to wear dark sunglasses and a face mask. If I had to go out, I had to wear a lot of sunscreen.
It has been nearly five months since the incident that she is now talking about for the first time.
She does this in Video on Tik Tokwhich has been viewed nearly two million times.
– She says: – Be careful when using pressure cookers.
– watch out
In the comments section, several people wrote that they were terrified of using pressure cookers after hearing Nydia Rico’s story.
Here are just some comments:
– First: Beware of pressure cookers.
-My biggest fear.
– That’s why I refuse to have one.
– New fear unlocked.
– This is what I fear most in life – that my pressure cooker will explode like this.
“Organizer. Social media geek. General communicator. Bacon scholar. Proud pop culture trailblazer.”