In this episode, the article is reviewed by Felipe Mesquita, Hematologist and Content Specialist at PEBMED Portal Evaluation of maternal infection during pregnancy and pediatric leukemia among offspring in Denmark Published in JAMA What implications could this study bring to clinical practice.
Childhood leukemia, and more specifically leukemia Lymphomas Acute is the most common type of cancer in the pediatric age group and has poorly understood causes of the disease. Given that maternal infection can lead to chromosomal or immunological changes in the fetus, it is suggested that this group could be a risk factor for childhood leukemia.
Check out the episode!
For more content like this, follow our channel at Spotify!
See also: How to treat acute myeloid leukemia patients affected by COVID-19?
Topics covered in the episode:
- What types of infections during pregnancy can be linked to the development of childhood leukemia?
- Does the period of pregnancy in which the infection occurred seem relevant?
- Could maternal comorbidities affect this analysis?
- In cases of children born at different times who have the same father and mother but were exposed or not exposed to infection during pregnancy. Does this make a difference?
- What size of the population was analyzed and how were these diagnoses made?
- What were the findings and limitations of the current study?
Also listen to other players:
Also follow PEBMED on InstagramAnd FacebookAnd Twitter no Youtube.
See more benefits of being a PEBMED portal user:
See more benefits of being a user
From the PEBMED portal:
7 days free with the white paper
The application is made to you, the doctor, with the aim of achieving safety and objectivity in your clinical decision.
Free access to Nursebook
Access essential information for your daily life such as your anamnesis, biology.
Free entry to the forum
A space to exchange experiences and constructive comments on topics related to medicine and health.
Get access to news, studies, updates and more content written and reviewed by experts
test your knowledge
Answer our quizzes and study in a simple and fun way
Receive studies, updates, new behaviors, and other content segmented by disciplines via email
“Wannabe internet buff. Future teen idol. Hardcore zombie guru. Gamer. Avid creator. Entrepreneur. Bacon ninja.”
BH: Entries open for flu and COVID vaccination on Saturday (3/6) – Gerais
ESA ‘live’ first from Mars | G1 / Science
The placebo effect also works with technology