Telecommunication prices continue to rise in Portugal. According to ANACOM data, prices are up 1.9% since January.
Between the end of 2009 and July 2021, telecommunications prices rose by 8.4% in Portugal and fell by 22.1% in France, 17.1% in Italy and 8.7% in Spain. Which company has the lowest prices?
In July 2021, telecommunications prices, as measured by the Consumer Price Index (CPI) sub-index, increased 0.3% year-over-year due to changes in some aggregate offerings. Compared to the same month, prices increased by 1.3%.
Between April 2011 and May 2019, telecom prices in Portugal grew more than they did in the European Union (in terms of the average rate of change over the past 12 months).
Cumulatively, telecommunications prices in Portugal between the end of 2009 and July 2021 increased by 8.4%, while in the European Union they decreased by 9.7%.
In July, NOWO introduced the lowest prices
According to ANACOM's "Evolution of Communications Prices" report released today, in July, NOWO introduced minimum monthly fees in seven cases out of a pool of 13 services/offers, while MEO, Vodafone and NOS provided the lowest rates for four cases. , two types and one type of services/offers, respectively.
On an annual basis, there were 31 price increases and three decreases. The following price differences stand out:
- The minimum monthly fee for mobile service with the Internet increased by 4.3%, due to the cancellation of the NOWO offer with a monthly fee of five euros;
- The minimum monthly fee for 4P offers increased by 8.3% due to the cancellation of the NOWO mobile service option for a monthly fee of five euros, and 1.3% due to the cancellation of the NOWO TV option at 2.5 euros, for a total of 9.8%;
- Minimum monthly fee for 5P offering increased by 4.3%, after Vodafone's first monthly fee offer was scrapped;
- The minimum monthly fee for BLF + TVS (+11.1%), TVS + STF and 3P shows (+10.0%) has been increased after canceling the €2.5 NOWO TV option. In addition, the monthly fee for a TVS + FTS show increased by 77.6% as a result of the expiration of the sale of an offer by NOS, for a total of 95.4%;
- TVS minimum monthly fee increased by 30.8% as a result of the expiration of an offer sale by NOS;
- The minimum monthly fee for mobile broadband via PC/Tablet is up 4.3%, after MEO's first monthly fee offer was scrapped.
Through the provider, to MEO lowered the minimum monthly fee for a service/offer compared to the same month last year And increase the monthly fee by eight services/offers.
The MEO service whose monthly fee decreased significantly was the Mobile Service Offer with Mobile Internet (UZO Offer). NOS has increased the minimum monthly fee for eight services/offers and lowered the monthly fee for one offer (Mobile Service with Mobile Internet – WOO Offer).
Vodafone has increased the minimum monthly fee for seven services/offers and lowered the monthly fee for one offer (mobile internet broadband via PC/Tablet). In contrast, NOWO raised the minimum monthly fee for eight services/offers.
In May 2021, Lycamobile launched an offer of mobile services at a monthly fee of 15 euros, with 20 GB of mobile data traffic and 1,000 voice minutes or 1,000 SMS.
This offer is still lower than the values practiced by the same provider in other markets, but it is very attractive compared to the offers of the main providers in Portugal. In fact, for mobile data caps starting at 10GB, the monthly fee for this Lycamobile offer is significantly lower. On the other hand, for similar monthly fee levels, the traffic offered by other providers is much less.
“Wannabe internet buff. Future teen idol. Hardcore zombie guru. Gamer. Avid creator. Entrepreneur. Bacon ninja.”