The past 24 hours have been the largest and most attack on the sealed Gaza Strip since 2014. More than a thousand bombs, grenades and rockets were launched and entered Gaza, according to reports. The Jerusalem Post.
The Israeli military calls its ongoing operation Operation “Guardian of the walls”They write themselves.
– Pay a high price
Red flames lit up the sky as people woke to the sound of explosions on the outskirts of Gaza City. The attacks were so strong that people inside the city, several kilometers away, were screaming in fear, the AP news agency writes.
– I said that we will let Hamas pay a heavy price. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in a video statement that we are doing it now, and we will continue to do so in a robust manner.
Earlier on Thursday evening, Israeli tanks began firing hand grenades into the Gaza Strip.
There is no safe place in Gaza
Nobody is on earth
The IDF gave the impression that a new phase of ground forces was underway shortly after midnight Friday, and sent a statement to the media stating that there were soldiers in the Gaza Strip. Even Agence France-Presse has obtained the information for sure.
“The army spokesman, Jonathan Conricus, confirmed that Israeli soldiers entered the Palestinian enclave, without giving any numbers,” Agence France-Presse reported.
Two hours later, the Israeli army issued a statement saying that the confusion was due to the failure of internal communications, and that “there are no soldiers” in the Gaza Strip.
The air and ground forces of the Israeli army are currently attacking the Gaza Strip.
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) May 13, 2021
On Thursday, a senior diplomatic source told Israeli Channel 12 that he was considering a ground operation to respond to the ongoing rocket attacks from the Gaza Strip against Israel.
Earlier today, Israeli Defense Minister Benny Gantz said that 9,000 reservists were on standby ahead of a possible ground invasion. The statement came two days after the army agreed to mobilize 5,000 reserve soldiers.
The conflict between Israel and the Palestinians accelerated Monday night, when Hamas began firing rockets at Jerusalem in response to what Hamas believed were Israeli provocations. Hamas claimed that it wanted to protect Jerusalem. Israel responded quickly with air strikes against Hamas targets in the Gaza Strip.
Since then, approximately 2,000 rockets have been launched from the Gaza Strip into Israel.
On the Israeli side, seven people were killed, including a young boy, in addition to a number of wounded.
According to the Ministry of Health in the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip, 109 Palestinians were killed, including 28 children and 15 women, and 621 were injured. Hamas and Islamic Jihad (Islamic Jihad) confirmed that about 20 of them were killed, and several military commanders are said to be among them.
Go from bad to worse
Attacks and clashes
The situation was exacerbated by the fact that ultra-Orthodox clashed with both the Arabs of Israel and the police, and Israeli Arabs clashed with the Israeli police in several cities in the country. Netanyahu and several senior politicians condemned the clashes.
In Tel Aviv, a group of far-right Jews organized a march in the Hatikva neighborhood on Thursday, chanting “Death to the Arabs.” Later, clashes erupted, during which journalists were attacked.
Nothing justifies the killing of Arabs by the Jews. Netanyahu said Thursday that nothing can justify the killing of Jews by Arabs.
He warned that Israel is now fighting a “two-front” battle.
Israel is threatened by civil war
And the Norwegian authorities confirmed, on Friday evening, that the UN Security Council will meet on Sunday at 10 am (16 Norwegian time) at the request of Norway, China and Tunisia.
This will be the third meeting on the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians in less than a week. The UN Security Council met behind closed doors on Monday and Wednesday, both times at the request of Norway, China and Tunisia. On both occasions, the three countries submitted proposals for a joint statement that the United States would not support.
Commenting on the US position, Secretary of State In Eriksen Sureid (H) told NTB on Wednesday that it is more a matter of whether or not it fits into a statement now, compared to other initiatives they have.
The third meeting on Sunday will have the doors open.
“Organizer. Social media geek. General communicator. Bacon scholar. Proud pop culture trailblazer.”
“Lady of the Trunk”: – Solve the murder mystery after 53 years
Cheering for a breakthrough for endometriosis patients
Denmark’s potato anarchy is spreading around the world