This year, as last year, people in Svalbard were able to raise more than 1 million kroner for the TV campaign “Children, Not Brides” under the auspices of Plan Norway.
– It’s that we have so much fun. The stagnation is that people feel they are getting back what they are given, Anne Lise Klungseth Sandvik says on the phone from Longyearbyen.
In many ways, it was at the forefront of the fact that nearly every quarter the TV campaign is a holiday in the local community in Longyearbyen.
Every three months, people gather at the school in the city.
– It’s a festive day at school. There was a young man who said the TV campaign was more fun than May 17th. TV Action Day is a day people look forward to, young and old, says Sandvik.
For those responsible for the TV campaign, it was great to see that the total has now reached NOK 243 million.
– This is absolutely wild, it is a very important topic, and I must say on behalf of all of us that we are going to make a difference for: “Thank you very much!” , Bartabuli at Plan International Norway tells NRK.
- Vestlandsfylka Rogaland and Vestland, which gave the largest population with NOK 54.78, and the lowest are Viken with NOK 38.21 per inhabitant.
- As usual, Svalbard is the municipality that gave over NOK 564 per inhabitant.
- The government is the largest single donor with NOK 50 million, followed by the P3 campaign with NOK 8.4 million and Norsk Hydro with NOK 1.2 million.
This year, proceeds go to Plan’s efforts to beat child marriage in Malawi, Niger, Mali, Nepal and Bangladesh.
– In the countries where the TV campaign will be launched, poverty has increased and fewer children are going to school. Poverty and a lack of education are two of the reasons child marriage persists, Bartabuli said when the fundraising campaign began on Sunday.
After broadcasting Sunday night, the Secretary-General was able to let go of the jubilation:
– With this income we can do a lot. It means a lot, she told NRK.
Check how much your municipality has provided so far she has.
Subscriptions will be registered in the coming days.
“Organizer. Social media geek. General communicator. Bacon scholar. Proud pop culture trailblazer.”